It’s Back-to-school time! The leaves on the trees will be changing color soon and what a perfect example of how we live today. These days it’s all about choice and transition. And now our choice doesn’t even have to last an entire day. More and more companies are designing products that can easily and quickly change looks. However, we all know that as much as things change, they stay the same. Read on for some of our favorite innovative and classic items that will get you ready for back to school.
8. Lip gloss in a sheer color. No matter how long a school day it has been, the powers of a pretty lip-gloss always work. Our favorites are: Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Bamboo Pink ($15.00) and Revlon Super Lustrous in Foiled ($7.00).
7. You care. Let your best friend know with a BFF necklace. They always make you feel as good as they look. There are some really fun new styles out. Some of our favorites are pieces of pie (so none of your BFFs are left out), Yin and Yang and sprinkled donuts. One brand we love is Dogeared. All of their dainty jewelry is unique yet timeless, especially the Loving Heart necklace from the Best Friends collection. Check out our Pinterest board for even more ideas.
6. A Flying Buttress bag is the perfect bag to tote around your school supplies. Our favorite is the Booie Bag, the extendable strap allows you to wear it as a cross-body bag or on one shoulder. But the best part is that there are snaps on the outside of the bag onto which you can attach various ‘bag bling’. Flying Buttress has over 30 different “panels” allowing you to change the look of your bag easily. You don’t have to pick between a cheetah print bag or polka dot bag. And every day your handbag will go with your outfit for a polished look. Another great option is the Yummie Lunch Bag for your lunch. Why be boring when you can have your lunch bag match your outfit.
5. Emi Jay hair bands are our new favorite girls hair accessory. They are so cute they double as bracelets especially when layered with multiple colors. We all hate when you can’t take your hair down because then it leaves a weird looking crease. These don’t leave a crease in your hair – so feel free to mix it up! We also love the new Goody Spin Pin – stop putting all those bobby pins in your hair and just use one! The craziest way to change your hair without going to the salon is to add some color extensions from Snazzy Lites. It’s a great way to show school pride.
4. Mogo sunglasses have an awesome selection of bright and basic sunglasses with shapes and size for everyone. What’s even better – you can attach decorations to the sunglasses for a little extra bling.
3. What is your favorite pen? We all have a favorite. So make sure you stock up on yours before the year starts. My favorite right now is the Uni-ball Jetstream ($25.00 for 12). Also, check out the Pen Addict blog for a regularly updated list.
2. Tom’s shoes are the perfect way to look cute while giving back to the world. We love that they have such an inspiring vision. Our new favorite is the Wool Dot Youth Cordones as they are perfect for Fall ($42.00) You’ll feel good and you will look good as well.
1. All you really need to have a good time going back to school is a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new things!