It’s prom season!! It seems like just yesterday I was getting my hair done and thinking about my cute date….ahhh, memories. Anyway, back to 2013. I am always the person that has the perfect dress picked out months ahead only to realize the day before that I haven’t even thought about how to accessorize my perfect dress. So I aim to help! Here are my favorite accessories for 2013 prom goers everywhere.
1) Jewelry – Definitely an obvious way to make an impact with your dress. I found great pieces at Macy’s (little more fun) and at David’s Bridal (for a dressy look). The overall trend is to go with a statement necklace or long dangling earrings/chandelier earrings with a bracelet. While I love my chandelier earrings from Kendra Scott, I found that I gravitated to the dangle earrings when thinking of prom. There is also a lot of fantastic bracelets out there – chunky is the way to go here. Here are a couple of my picks:
Forever 21 Statement Necklace – $12.80
Claire’s Main Attraction necklace – $22.50
From Macy’s ~ Robert Lee Morris Earrings – $35
Forever 21 Ditsy Daisy Drop Earrings – $5.80
From Macy’s Carolee Pearl Bracelet – $65.00 (on sale now!)
Claire’s Shiny Stone Ovals with Rhinestones Bracelet – $12.50
2. The handbag! if you want to stand out, try the Flying Buttress Birdie Bag with Kimberley panel (comes in red, magenta and black – shown below).
Kimberley on the Birdie Bag
Then, at the after prom party snap on a more casual panel when you change out of your dress.
Birdie Bag with Gold Trixie
3. Shoes are another obvious thing to ponder. Most important quality in a prom shoe is if you can dance all night in it! Try wearing your shoes at home for a while so you can break them in before the big dance. The trends for prom shoes right now are lace, color and metallic shoes.
From Macy’s – Santana Gold Melody Dress Sandals – $89.00
From Macy’s – BCBGeneration Montie Sandals in bright pink – $110.00 (and on sale for $58.00 now!)
Steve Madden Dejavu Black and White Lace Pumps – $99.95
rsvp Wahiba in silver – $69.00
E! Live from the Red Carpet Daphne in Jade Satin – $159.00
rsvp Lulu lace heels in Latte and Black – $69.00 (on sale now for $48.99) LOVE THESE!
4. Shawls will keep you warm when you are not dancing up a storm. I love the idea of an animal print to shake things up from the standard solid color.
Animal Print Shawl – $11.00
Pashmina in many colors – $16.00
Satin Wrap in many colors $20.00
5. Hair Accessories are a fun new trend. How about a pretty bobby pin or head wrap?
Twisted Chain Headwrap from Urban Outfitters – $14.00
Jane Tran – Ivory Chiffon Flower Pin Set – $39.99
Jane Train Braided Sparkle Headband in silver – $55.99
Have a fun and safe prom!